Friday, January 16, 2009

The Alien

I stumbled upon a lone stalk of mushroom, one of the "kulat txxx lembu" I supposed, the bigger type. Quite rare and odd looking. The top was almost round, the size of slightly bigger than a golf ball, dark brown in appearance, with radiant pinkish white stalk. It was drizzling after heavy rain in the morning. I took her picture as I can, but not quite prepared and mindful of the wet floor.


Not satisfied with the result, I return to the site in the evening. To my surprise, the ball has opened up! There she was, so beautiful, and pink all over. I was on all four and took her picture until I was satisfied - I LOVE digital camera - no need to worry about changing film rolls hehehe. I really had a "field day"!




11 a.m the budding mushroom, if not for the rarity, would go unnoticed.



A closer look at the bottom. reminded me of the big headed alient character in the Star Trek movies... Wonder what Ummualya's active imagination would come up with....



6 p.m Full Bloom!





Under the canopy...




Delicate soft pink stalk, like a baby's bum...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dah lama tak singgah.. busy, travelling, site visit etc..

ntah nape this shots of "cow dung" mushroom remind me of Marilyn Monroe!!

and the one u mentioned from star trek movies is actually Kak Mah yang bakal gi Putrajaya bulan Mac nanti..
especially tang rambut dia.. he he
sori..(ummualya)

songketbungatabur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nora said...

huahaaahhaha... since u mentioned it, I cannot disagree can I?