Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Paraphernalia, Tools and Team Pt 2

Here are the rest of the tools collection...





The Apek at Balok Hardware shop (my mother's batch) laughed at me when I asked for this "tajak"... He said that no one is looking for a tajak anymore nowadays... The tajak is useful while working in the swamp... My mother asked me to look for padi seeds! hehehe. Any of you know where can I get a handful??





Palm fruit cutter - as an alternative to a regular spade. Sharp and slim but heavy - effective to dig deep and slim hole in harden earth to plant fence posts.



I am fond of this hoe... "Cangkul cap buaya", registered trade mark in England - stamped on the blade... Relatively light weight, with the right angle, and sharp. Cut hard earth and roots like a breeze... A dream come true... (yes, I used to day-dreamed of "menyangkul"). It is very hard for me to let go, each time I use it hehheeh... This one bought at the favorite Balok shop. I have another, bought in Kemaman - "cangkul cap ayam"! Honest! I am not kidding - it is "cap ayam"! Slightly bigger, I would settle for it if not for the cap buaya... The golf lessons in Setapak Driving Range does not go to waste after all, as I practice each swing of the cangkul hahahah!



Latest addition - I saw Pak Su Dir using it the other day... wasted no time and I got one... The "sabit" is useful to cut grass and wines - Covered bigger area with one swing, compared to the curvy, slim blade type...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hhehehe