Friday, January 30, 2009

Why All Flora and No Fauna?


Some of you might have been wondering why I have not featured any insects or animal in the postings. There are numerous insects in the farm and a number of animals - from birds, butterflies, dragon-flies, flying foxes, squirels, cows, goats, monkeys and wild boar...

The reason is simple - I have no patience nor agility to pursue the ever moving animals... Just watching the butterfly moves around is enough to make me dizzy.. hihi, let alone trying to capture it digitally! Furthermore, I am more fascinated with the plants...

However, there are sometimes when I come across the better behaved insects which either keep very still or move very slowly... Follows are two good examples:


I found this one moving slowly on the ground. Despite the black body, she has a electric blue tiny thorns. Click on the picture to have a closer look...


Creeping slowly, oblivious to the surroundings.


Put spider man to shame with her elegant pose... I accidently disturbed her while she waited for her lunch. She immediately moved into position...


The pattern at her back reminded me of soft corals off Terengganu islands...



The even more colorful and intricate patterns at her belly...

No comments: